Hi All! Today we are introducing our very first Fairy Garden Kit: Picnic in the Garden. This kit is packed with embellishments and 16 perfectly matched 6X6 international papers from Lemoncraft and Scrapberry's.
Here is a beautiful card Victoria has already created with this kit, and she has included some instructions for how to make it.
Hello friends! Here is my first submission for the International Scrapbook Garden design team. I have the honor of using the Fairy Garden Kit: Picnic in the Garden this month, which features loads of wonderful papers, flowers and wonderful sentiment stamps, among other goodies. This kit is so generous in size. Making this card barely touched all of the wonderful items in the kit!
To make this card you will need the following supplies:
- Wood grain paper cut to 4 x 5 ¼ inches
- Strip cut to ½ inch by 2 inches for banner
- Punched out heart
- Light green floral paper cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½ inches
- Light pink paper cut into 2 ¼ inch circles (2)
- Creative Embellishment frames
- 13 @rts acrylic paint – orchid pink
- Friend stamp from Kaisercraft clear stamps – Keepsake
- Kaisercraft Paper Blooms – fuchsia
Tools and items from my stash, which were used:
- Sizzix embossing folder Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fade Dot Matrix
- EK Success Circle punch 2 ¼ inches
- Versafine Ink – black onyx
- Prima chalk ink – dark bark
- Ranger Iced Stickles – Coffee Ice
- Cosmo Cricket bling – salt air
- Adhesives – ATG glue gun, Scotch dimensional tape, liquid adhesive
- White 4 ¼ x 5 ½ inch card blank
Once you have all of your items assembled, here are the steps to make this card.
- Cut the white card blank front with desired opening
2. Cut all of the paper pieces as sized above, distress and ink edges.
- I use my scissor blade to carefully distress the edges
3. Adhere the wood grain paper to the inside right side of the card.
4. Emboss the front light green floral paper if desired. Adhere to the front of the card. Cut out to the shape of the opening. Distress and ink all edges of the card, as desired.
5. Attach the 2 – 2 ¼ inch circles to circles of white card stock. Distress and ink edges. Adhere together.
6. Adhere circle elements to the front of the card with dimensional adhesive.
7. Paint the creative embellishment frame with acrylic paint. I used two coats drying between each application. Mount the frame on the card. I used the Iced Stickles to add a little additional glitter. Stamp the sentiment on the small wood grain paper and adhere to card. Embellish with roses or other embellishments of your liking.
So there you are, a beautiful fairy garden fresh card for a friend.
Be sure to join our Facebook Group and post your kit creations there. We are looking forward to seeing what you can create with this wonderful kit!